Forest Fringe Yarn and Knitting is a small home-based business focused on creating hand-dyed yarn.
We are located in Saskatchewan and the inspiration for the yarn colourways comes from the flora and fauna and other natural wonders in our beautiful province.Yarns listed as seedlings are skeins created during colour experimentation and may not be able to be recreated. Named colourways are repeatable on any of the yarn bases available in the shop. Almost all the colours you see here are created using a mixture of at least 2 or more base colours from a line of dyes with only 9 base colours. If there is a colourway you are interested in and it is not listed on a base you need please contact us and we can dye it for you.
Current bases are:
* 85% superwash merino 15% Donegal 2 ply 100 grams approximately 438 yards (also available in 20 gram skeins)
* 80% superwash merino 20% nylon 3 ply 115 grams approximately 425 yards (also available in 25 gram skeins)
* 100% superwash merino 3 ply 115 grams approximately 283 yards (also available in 25 gram skeins)
* 85% superwash merino 15% Donegal 2 ply 100 grams approximately 231 yards (also available in 20 gram skeins)
* 100% superwash merino 4 ply 115 grams approximately 212 yards (also available in 25 gram skeins)
* 100% Peruvian Highland wool non-superwash 4 ply 100 grams approximately 218 yards or 50 grams approximately 109 yards
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at: